Latest Village NewsHalloween House Decorating Competition
The Gilberts Halloween House Decorating Contest is currently underway! Our Village Board will be visiting the entered houses this week and the winner will be announced on October 20th.
We encourage our residents to take a drive through the Village and see our participating houses! Click here
for the list of participating addresses.
- All contestants must have decorations lit from 6:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. on October 11 – October 17 in order to be judged.
- Contestants' addresses will be listed on our website to allow the public to view the homes.
- Decorations can include anything – lights, posters, folk art – you name it! Each house will be judged based on its entire presentation and the overall sense of creativity and fright.
- Decorations must comply with the Village of Gilberts ordinances and housing codes.
- All contestants grant the Village of Gilberts the non-exclusive right to use a photo of their decorated home, as well as their name and address in the Village of Gilberts newsletter, website, social media posts, and/or in future promotional materials. The Village of Gilberts reserves the right to reproduce this.
- The winner will be notified by phone call and email on October 20th. Village Staff will drop off a yard sign to the winner’s address.