The Village of Gilberts is pleased to offer the Commercial & Industrial Façade Improvement Program (CIFIP) to our businesses and property owners!
Approved by Ordinance 13-2022 on September 20th 2022, this grant provides a financial incentive for businesses to update and beautify the façades of their buildings that reside within the TIF #1 Redevelopment Area. This includes commercial and industrial parcels along Route 72 on the West end of town, and most of the industrial areas just south of Route 72 (See the TIF #1 Map for more details on eligible properties).
The Gilberts CIFIP seeks to accomplish the following:
- To improve the overall image and increase property values of commercial and industrial properties to strengthen the economy, EAV, and quality of life in the Village.
- To remove and alleviate adverse conditions by encouraging private investment in the rehabilitation and maintenance of owner-occupied properties.
- To assist property owners and tenants with rehabilitating and restoring the visible exterior of existing structures for the betterment of the community.
- To further the objectives of the TIF 1 Redevelopment Plan program including but not limited to reducing or eliminating the recurrence of blighted conditions.
Examples of eligible projects include:
- Façade cleaning
- New siding and siding repair (Except when replacing with metal siding)
- Front and wrap-around porches
- Front and rooftop patios or walkways
- Decorative masonry walls
- Exterior cornices
- Exterior lighting and/or lighting improvements
- Pitched roofs
- Removal of inappropriate exterior finishes, materials, or features
- Fences (Other than chain-link)
- Landscaping retaining walls and improvements
- Painting with neutral colors in general conformance with the surrounding area
- Windows and doors
- Replacement of sidewalks in the public right-of-way
- Restoration of brick using a non-abrasive paint removal material
If you’re interested in this program or know someone who could be, take a look at the attached CIFIP Policy, Application, and Grant Agreement for more details!
If you have any questions about the program or how to apply, reach out to Gilberts Village Hall at 847-428-2861 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.